We are SAGEStrong
We are SAGEStrong.
As unprecedented as the COVID-19 pandemic is, it is neither SAGE nor the LGBT community’s first experience with an epidemic. The grit, creativity, commitment, compassion and resilience that powered the LGBT community through the AIDS crisis still guide SAGE. Resilience is the ability to adapt well in the face of adversity. That is what SAGE and our LGBT pioneers do and we need your help.
The SAGEStrong Resiliency Fund was created to provide SAGE with support to respond quickly and powerfully to the realities of the new world during the COVID-19 pandemic, and whatever else the future may bring.
With your backing, SAGE can continue to provide life-saving support to LGBT elders.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, SAGE nimbly:
- Shifted its program delivery from in-person at SAGE Centers to offering over 100 virtual programs weekly.
- Created SAGEConnect to ensure that isolated LGBT elders could stay connected to their community via phone calls.
- Supported our national affiliates in their responses.
- Created SAGECents –a financial resiliency program to combat the stress of financial insecurity during the pandemic.
- Won never-before-included protections for the LGBT community in the bipartisan passage of the Older Americans Act.
We do this in partnership with our fierce LGBT elders, resilient individuals who serve as role models to all of us. Please join us in celebrating our LGBT elders and our community’s rich history of resilience!
- Give to the SAGEStrong Resiliency Fund today.
- Showcase SAGEStrong via social media. We make it easy with our toolkit.
- Showcase our community’s phenomenal fierceness, resistance and resiliency by sharing why you are supporting the SAGEStrong Resiliency Fund!
- Have more to say? Let us know on social by using the #SAGEStrong hashtag (don’t forget to tag @sageusa!). If you’re looking for inspiration, take a look at our SAGEStrong social media toolkit.