We are SAGEStrong
We are SAGEStrong.
As unprecedented as the COVID-19 pandemic is, it is neither SAGE nor the LGBT community’s first experience with an epidemic. The grit, creativity, commitment, compassion, and resilience that powered the LGBT community through the AIDS crisis still guide SAGE. Resilience is the ability to adapt well in the face of adversity. That is what SAGE and our LGBT pioneers do and we need your help.
The SAGEStrong Resiliency Fund was created to provide SAGE with support to respond quickly and powerfully to the realities of the new world during the COVID-19 pandemic, and whatever else the future may bring.
With your backing, SAGE can continue to provide life-saving support to LGBT elders.
The SAGEStrong Resiliency Fund…
- supports and expands our life-saving and life-changing programs and services – making sure 3,000 LGBT elders across NYC have meal delivery and holding 350 virtual programs per month – and provides resources to create new initiatives to meet LGBT elders’ needs brought on by COVID-19, such as SAGEConnect;
- propels our advocacy to press for change and ensure that our LGBT elders are protected and that resources are dedicated to LGBT older people;
- launches programs and initiatives that support those most on the margins, like transgender elders and LGBT elders of color;
- allows for a nimble response when circumstances demand a completely different approach to a challenge.
SAGE’s response to the pandemic has been swift, sure, and strong.
We do this in partnership with our fierce LGBT elders, resilient individuals who serve as role models to all of us. Please join us in celebrating our LGBT elders and our community’s rich history of resilience!
- Give to the SAGEStrong Resiliency Fund today.
- Showcase SAGEStrong via social media. We make it easy with our toolkit.
- Showcase our community’s phenomenal fierceness, resistance, and resiliency by sharing why you are supporting the SAGEStrong Resiliency Fund!
- Have more to say? Let us know on social by using the #SAGEStrong hashtag (don’t forget to tag @sageusa!). If you’re looking for inspiration, take a look at our SAGEStrong social media toolkit.