About NYC SAGE Centers:
SAGE’s five NYC SAGE Centers are located in Brooklyn, Bronx, Harlem, Midtown, and Staten Island. They provide a comprehensive array of unique services and holistic programs related to arts and culture, fitness, food and nutrition, health and wellness, and lifelong education.
The primary function of the Health and Wellness Program Coordinator is to create, plan and implement health and wellness, nutrition, and physical exercise programming for LGBT older adults at Edie Windsor SAGE Center. The Program Coordinator must have experience working with aging and/or LGBT communities and should ideally have experience in programmatic design and implementation. They must be able to interact with, relate to and work with LGBT older adults, community partners and other departments at SAGE. This position is supervised by the Site Manager.
- Plan, coordinate and promote innovative and sophisticated programming for LGBT older adults at Edie Windsor SAGE Center
- Develop rapport with LGBT older adult participants by engaging with them regularly
- Develop relationships with community partners for the purpose of creating collaborative programming opportunities
- Work independently and in concert with Site Manager and other programming staff to meet monthly deadlines for creation of the program calendar and outreach material
- Publicize events through the creation of printed flyers, announcements, and word of mouth
- Build relationships with volunteers and consultants and provide support which includes: moving audio/visual equipment and furniture for program and meal service daily
- Facilitate educational, wellness and socialization activities as assigned
- Become knowledgeable about the variety of SAGE services available to participants and make appropriate referrals
- Meet monthly programming unit goals specified by the Site Manager
- Assist with food service distribution as needed
- Represent SAGE at community events, conferences and trainings (e.g., health fairs, pride festivals) as needed
- May be assigned other tasks and duties related to their job responsibilities
Required skills and qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in aging field, LGBT service or in program development
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work with SAGE’s diverse constituency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team
- Computer proficient, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Utmost attention to detail and follow-through
- A commitment to the mission, constituencies and values of SAGE
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
Strongly desired qualifications:
- Working knowledge of NYC Department for the Aging regulations and guidelines
- Flexible and dependable – This position requires occasional special event hours but the daily regular hours are Monday-Friday with two 12-8pm shifts, and three 11-7pm shifts.
- Must be willing to acquire NYC Food Handlers license
SAGE offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Health and Wellness Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls.
Open until position is filled.
EOE Employer: SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight or disability.