Reports to: Director of Individual Giving and Special Events
Location: SAGE National Headquarters in Midtown Manhattan
Status: Full-time / Exempt
Schedule: Generally 35 hours/week, Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM; schedule may vary in accordance with business necessity
Management and Supervision:
- Accountable for the integrity of SAGE’s donor data systems, ensuring quality control in all data and consistency in gift processing standards.
- Maximize the development department’s access to and use of data, by encouraging staff to input accurate data, teach them how to run accurate reports and use data to strategize on revenue building.
- Act as SAGE’s liaison to Blackbaud for all Raiser’s Edge-related activities as well as Salesforce activities as the organization moves to that system.
- Train all development staff in Raiser’s Edge/Salesforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain manual of internal business processes related to data tracking and gift processing – update as needed.
- Serve as the development liaison to both the Finance and IT departments.
- Manage integration of development systems with finance systems. Provide technical support on Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce when the organization converts to the new system.
- Manage all daily operations of the Raiser’s Edge database as well as Salesforce as the organization migrates to the new system.
- Generate fundraising and revenue reports and queries.
- Generate all mailing lists and guest lists for the department staff.
- Manage and execute data and gift entry in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Produce daily batch reports to reconcile with Finance daily deposits.
- Oversee the production and mailing of acknowledgment letters, regularly drafting new text
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliation with Finance.
- Oversee miscellaneous development-related activities and requests, as assigned.
- Produce lists and coding for all direct response appeals.
- Conduct analyses to identify trends in giving and inform fundraising strategies.
Direct Response Fundraising:
- Work with agency of record to create, execute and manage a strategy to increase SAGE’s retention and recruitment of donors under $1,500 through email, direct mail, social media and other emerging platforms.
- Draft appeal-specific acknowledgments.
- With agency of record, manage regular schedule of internal and inter-departmental deadlines for the direct response program.
- With agency of record, provide ongoing analysis and reporting on the direct response program and make adjustments to maximize revenue and donor file for SAGE.
- Collaborate with other development department members on creating ad hoc appeals and digital updates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive experience with:
- Salesforce and/or Raiser’s Edge experience, preferably at the expert level.
- Crystal Reports, complex queries, appeal and segmentation coding.
- Digital CRM/email platforms.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Supervisory experience in medium to large development shop.
- Effective time management, multi-tasking skills, and ability to function in fast-paced environment.
- Intuitive skills to discern appropriate criteria for targeted appeals.
- Self-motivated problem solver.
- Clear and powerful communicator with staff at all levels.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to the mission and the goals of SAGE.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and analytical.
Work Environment/Travel/Physical Demands: This position is based in a professional office environment, using standard office equipment. Occasional travel to program sites may be necessary per business necessity. Very extensive computer work is involved with this position. The employee is also frequently required to stand and walk, and to use hands and arms to handle files and other items, in addition to the computer operation.
Compensation: Competitive salary. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Manager of Database, Development, and Donor Services” in the subject line. No phone calls.