SAGE is the world’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer and/or questioning (LGBTQ+) older people. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization as well as a local direct service provider in New York City, that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBTQ+ older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBTQ+ older people and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBTQ+ organizations.
Title: Communications and Special Projects Manager
Salary: SAGE offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This position’s salary range is Salary Range of $63,915-$79,894.
Department(s): Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Status: Full-time /Exempt
Schedule: Full-time, 35 hours/week; generally, 9:30 – 5:30 Monday – Friday, with schedule adjustments as needed per program necessity.
Location: The position may be fully remote or based on a hybrid model in our New York City office; travel between the above and other locations within the NYC metropolitan area may be required, in accordance with needs and program necessity.
The Communications and Special Projects Manager will work hand-in-hand with the Director of Communications to hold a bird’s eye view of team goals, deliverables, and projects. This individual is responsible for keeping track of overlapping long-term and short-term projects, managing vendor and inter-department communication and coordination, delegating tasks to team members in accordance with designated responsibilities, and thinking creatively to identify the best way to meet all project deliverables and team goals within the available team resources and capacity. The Communications and Special Projects Manager will work
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts and with external vendors and partners to execute communications and marketing projects
- Provides insight on marketing and communications strategy and tactics to help projects meet their goals.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for project updates and status.
- Provides leadership and oversight for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to timelines and budgets.
- Coordinates the creation of necessary print and digital campaign assets
- Facilitates efficient project workflow across departments, systems, and software
- Tracks project milestones, provides status reports, and ensures projects are on track to meet grant/funder requirements and deliverables
- Ensures previous projects’ Lessons Learned and applicable industry experience is incorporated into the project execution plan
- Seeks innovative ways for the communications team to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to meet the department’s objectives and deliverables
- Represents the Communications and Marketing Department and/or SAGE at a variety of meetings and events
- Assists the Marketing and Communications Department as needed when facing timely projects and urgent requests.
- Familiarity with LGBTQ+ aging issues and cultural and linguistic competency regarding age, ability, sexuality, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, class, and other characteristics that affect the lives of diverse older people
- Demonstrated commitment to SAGE’s values of diversity and equity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, in addition to above
- Very strong knowledge of project management systems
- Experience managing short- and long-term projects and campaigns, with the ability to self-prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Creativity and enthusiasm for introducing and pursuing new ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with WordPress or other modern CMS
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Pardot
- Proficiency in Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience in photography and video production.
- Clean and catchy graphic design and copy aesthetic.
- Ability to speak or write in Spanish.
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
*All candidates must submit a cover letter to be considered for the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.