Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is the world’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ+) older people. In partnership with its constituents and allies, SAGE works to achieve a high quality of life for LGBTQ+ older people, supports and advocates for their rights, fosters a greater understanding of aging in all communities, and promotes positive images of LGBTQ+ life in later years.
Reports to: Managing Director of SAGECare
Schedule: Full-time, 35 hours/week; generally, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET, Monday – Friday, with schedule adjustments as needed per program necessity
Salary Range: $46,198-$57, 748
This newly created Client Services Specialist position is an integral member of the SAGECare team. SAGECare provides LGBTQ+ competency training and consulting on LGBTQ+ aging issues to service providers. SAGECare offers the added benefit that qualifying agencies may receive a national credential to highlight the percentage of staff trained. The Client Services Specialist is responsible for assisting clients with their needs and providing support to the client. This includes managing all aspects of customer service, such as scheduling training, responding to emails, coordinating invoices and payments, and making requests of other SAGECare staff. It is important that the individual in this position can maintain accurate information about customers and keeping records up to date. They must also assume responsibility for communicating effectively with both internal and external contacts regarding issues related to our clients.
- Act as the main point of contact for clients’ needs
- Track training timelines of active clients
- Maintain accurate training progress and completion data for each client
- Track and issue credentialling upon client’s successful completion of training
- Lead the resolution of complaints/concerns
- Coordinate training schedules with clients
- Schedule training and assign trainers
- Maintain a list of available trainers and schedules
- Coordinate delivery of online training working with clients
- Coordinate invoice preparation for contracts with finance and send invoices to clients
- Track and record client payments and follow up on overdue invoices
- Manage on-demand training payments and fund transfers through PayPal or a similar credit card processing program
Required Skills & Knowledge
- High level of customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with business and industry
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and use new technologies
- Proven ability to organize multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Experience with programs such Teams, Zoom, Go To, etc.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Tools
- Able to follow instructions
- Capable of working remotely and autonomously
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- The candidate must have a passion for SAGE’s mission for improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer or questioning (LGBTQ+) older people.
- Must have knowledge have LGBTQ+, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience in services for older adults
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.