Enjoy The Magic Of Airbnb Experiences From The Comfort Of Your Home
Airbnb Online Experiences connects global community to handcrafted activities in cities around the world
Airbnb today announces the launch of Online Experiences, a new way for people to connect, travel virtually and earn income during the COVID-19 crisis. With communities around the world staying home to protect their own health and the health of others, people can’t pursue routine activities like going to work, exercising or pursuing a passion. Now, Online Experiences will change that by allowing hosts to earn an income in these uncertain times, and bring their transformative virtual Experience to millions of guests.
Airbnb Experiences offers an array of options like meditation with Buddhist monks, virtual visits with the dogs of Chernobyl, cooking with a Moroccan family, and more. With so many people sheltering in place, Online Experiences provides:
- New activities for families to explore like learning the secrets of magic
- Options for work colleagues who want to reconnect and bond with team activities like making coffee with a professional coffee taster
- Features for groups looking to celebrate birthdays or get togethers privately and the option to request specific dates for Experiences like bartending with experts
Online Experiences unlocks unprecedented access to inspiring hosts from more than 30 different countries, including Olympic medalists Alistair Brownlee and Lauren Gibbs. Whether a HIIT workout, learning about nutrition with a Bobsledder or a virtual bike tour, guests can now connect with some of the most celebrated athletes in the world from the comforts of their own living room.
“Human connection is at the core of what we do,” says Catherine Powell, Head of Airbnb Experiences. “With so many people needing to stay indoors to protect their health, we want to provide an opportunity for our hosts to connect with our global community of guests in the only way possible right now, online.”
To help those who are most isolated, like older adults, Airbnb has partnered with local organizations around the world to curate Experiences for their communities to be able to learn a new skill while protecting their health. Airbnb will work alongside the following to offer Experiences free of charge:
- SAGE, The world’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQ+ older people
- National Council on Aging (NCOA), a respected national leader and trusted partner in the US helping people aged 60+ meet the challenges of aging
- Associazione Nazionale Alpini – Sezione di Milan, veterans of the most respected and trustworthy military corp in Italy
- Amigos de los Mayores, an organization combating unwanted loneliness and social isolation amongst the elderly in Spain
“Millions of elders aren’t able to go outside and risk their health due to the current crisis, and need activities to help them stay connected to the world around them,” says Michael Adams, SAGE CEO. “Through our partnership with Airbnb, SAGE is able to give older members of LGBTQ+ communities across the country an opportunity to not only meet other people, but also learn a new hobby and travel to nearly anywhere around the world, all from the safety of their home. This is what partnership and connection is all about.”
This article originally appeared in AiTHORITY on April 10, 2020.