Community groups, coalitions or small organizations with annual operating budgets of $50,000 or less are invited to apply. Official 501(c)(3) non-profit status not required but unaffiliated groups will need a fiscal sponsor in order to be eligible for funding.
Groups and organizations should work with and serve majority BIPOC, TGNC, and/or rural older people (ages 50 and older). Priority will be given to groups and organizations who have BIPOC, TGNC, and/or rural elder leadership.
Intergenerational groups and projects are welcome to apply.
The External Selection Panel will make decisions based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated BIPOC, TGNC, and rural older adult leadership and community
- Project impact
- Community need
- Representation from multiple geographic areas
- Representation from each of the target communities
- Representation from different project areas, such as health, social, educational, and arts programming
- Applications opens mid October 2022 and close November 30, 2022
- Selections announced January 2023
- Grants disbursed February 2023
- First grantee group meeting February 2023