About the Position:
SAGE is seeking a Project Manager to ensure the success of two areas of our Engagement programming, SAGE Table and SAGE Speed Mentoring. The position would start immediately and run through April 30, 2020. The person hired would work remotely, and travel to different cities as indicated below.
About the Programs:
SAGE Table is a program that supports local community members in organizing and hosting intergeneration meals with LGBT people and allies. Tasks include responding to requests for technical assistance, managing the Facebook group, drafting and scheduling outreach emails, liaising with recurring or frequent hosts, distributing attendance forms and surveys.
SAGE Speed Mentoring program seeks to create intergenerational connections through skill-sharing and mentoring relationships facilitated at in-person events in Los Angeles (the week of August 19, 2019), Miami (week of September 23, 2019) and Chicago (week of April 20, 2020). Tasks include securing a venue, caterer, photographer, and other on-site logistics, coordinating with a local outreach consultant to ensure robust participation, distributing a post-event survey, writing and scheduling outreach emails and social media posts, and facilitating the mentoring event itself. Applicants must be available to be on-site in Los Angeles, Miami, and Chicago for each event.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and address all organizational and logistical matters pertaining to the above events, including and not limited to venues, seating, web access, programming materials, etc.
- Communicate with SAGE employees and other internal stakeholders regarding the above events and programs, including and not limited to the Chief Enterprise and Innovation Officer.
- Engage via social media with current and prospective constituents and other stakeholders, promoting and dispensing information about the above events, programs, and SAGE in general.
- Maintain receipts and detailed records of all expenses.
- Provide other support as needed.
The above will require between 2-5 hours weekly most weeks, and 10+ hours/week during the following periods; SAGE will cover travel expenses:
- August 19 – 30, 2019 (Requires travel to Los Angeles, CA)
- September 23 – 27, 2019 (Requires travel to Miami, FL)
- October 28 – November 8, 2019
- February 3-14, 2020
- April 13-24, 2020 (Requires travel to Chicago, IL)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extremely strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated record of successful project management.
- Experience with event planning.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and move projects forward on agreed upon timelines.
- Ability to travel to Miami, Los Angeles, and Chicago as specified above.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people in LGBT programming.
- Understanding and appreciation for the purpose of SAGE and its mission.
This is a temporary employment opportunity with part-time hours. Consultants/vendors are also welcome to inquire.
How to Apply: Please email your resume with a cover letter that includes your desired hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.