SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBT organizations.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Care Management Services
Status: Full-time (Temporary)
Location: Position based at SAGE program location in Midtown Office – New York, NY. Travel between the above and other locations in Bronx, NY and Brooklyn, NY and within the metropolitan area required, in accordance with participants needs.
Schedule: 35 hours/week; generally, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with schedule adjustments as needed per program or business necessity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide case management, referrals, information, and advocacy; conduct intakes/assessments, advocacy, and other integral tasks as needed.
- Directly provide individual and group therapeutic services or workshops, in accordance with need.
- Participate in outreach activities including tabling, representing SAGE at community events, and/or public speaking engagements.
- Supervise Social Work interns and their case management cases to ensure alignment of services with needs; including and not limited to their engagement with constituents and periodic review of case records.
- Collect and enter all participant and service unit data in database(s) thoroughly and timely, in accord with organizational policies and regulatory mandates.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Valid NYS Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- SIFI certified or the ability to receive SIFI certification.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and dependable – this position requires some flexibility around scheduling; some evening or occasional weekend hours may be required
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Computer-literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn other pertinent software systems
- Willingness/ability to travel daily throughout NYC area via public transportation
- Bilingual: Ability to speak and understand and/or write in Spanish
- Familiarity with LGBT aging issues and cultural and linguistic competency in regards to age, ability, sexuality, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, class and other characteristics that affect the lives of diverse older adults
- Familiarity with social and aging services networks and supports
How to Apply: Please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Temporary Care Manager (Caregiving) in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.