The Site Manager supervises staff and administers daily operations, including food service provision. They work closely with an inter-disciplinary team to ensure that the SAGE Center model is appropriately implemented and program deliverables/outcomes are achieved. The Site Manager is charged with amplifying outreach to LGBT older adults in the site’s borough to build attendance at Center events, identifying specific community needs, collaborating to develop appropriately tailored interventions, and ensuring targets for program delivery are met. The Site Manager will oversee compliance with agency policies and government regulations. This position must supervise data collection and uphold reporting procedures related to deliverables/outcomes required by the New York City Department for the Aging (DFTA) and other funders.
Position to start in late September
Reports to: Senior Director, Programs and Services
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt, 35 hour/week, managerial position
Location: Position based at SAGE Ingersoll program location in Fort Greene, Brooklyn; travel between the above and other locations within the metropolitan area required, in accordance with participants’ needs and program necessity.
Schedule: Full-time, 35 hours/week; generally, 9:00 – 5:00 Monday – Friday, with schedule adjustments as needed per program necessity.
- Manage, direct, and supervise daily operations, including congregate meal program, and onsite staff
- Coordinate service provision with Program Coordinators, consultants, and volunteers
- Manage programmatic interventions by staff, consultants, and volunteers
- Supervise data collection and tracking procedures, and monitor deliverables
- Supervise program administrative procedures and contract reporting
- Act as liaison for participant led Advisory Council
- Ensure full compliance with State, County, Agency and DFTA regulations and standards
- Work with Care Management to ensure efficacy of Case Assistance services provided by Care Management staff
- Assess site staff development needs and ensure professional development plans are created and implemented
- Attend conferences and in-services training sessions that contribute to professional enrichment of staff and innovative programming
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Senior Director, Programs and Services
- Bachelor’s degree + sufficient salaried experience in nonprofit program delivery, development, and management, especially in the aging or LGBT fields; additional experience may serve in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to be trained on SAGE and DFTA databases and audiovisual equipment
- Possess or be able to acquire NYC Food Handlers license;
- Knowledge of budget and financial management in the not-for-profit field;
- Understanding of performance measurement and management, and/or a strong desire to implement metrics to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of programming.
- Passion for working with people from diverse backgrounds, and cultural and linguistic competency in regards to age, ability, sexuality, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, class and other characteristics that affect the lives of diverse older adults;
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize activities, and meet deliverables under deadlines
- Capacity and desire to gain new skills and knowledge to drive innovative programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to identify and integrate the perspectives and needs of diverse constituents
- Computer proficient, including Outlook, Publisher, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A commitment to the issues, constituency, and values of SAGE
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Careers@sageusa.org with “Site Manager – Ingersoll SAGE Center” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.