Under the overall supervision of the Chief Program Officer, the Programs and Services Department consist of SAGE Centers (SCs) and Care Management Services (CMS), in addition to SAGE’s Housing Projects in NYC and new initiatives like values-based (fee-based) programming, technology-enabled services, etc. These divisions work closely together, and share centralized staffing and resources – specifically our Program Development Team and Support Staff. The Site Director for SAGE Harlem Older Adult Center (OAC) is part of a team of 5 other Site Directors that operate satellite sites.
This Site Director position is full-time and reports to the Sr. Director of Programs & Services.
This Site Director position supervises all staff at SAGE Harlem OAC, and administers daily operations which include food service provision. The Site Director is responsible for ensuring that the SAGE Center model is appropriately implemented and program deliverables/outcomes are achieved. The Site Director will be charged with amplifying outreach to LGBTQ older adults in Harlem and surrounding boroughs to build attendance and daily participation at Center events. The Site Director is responsible for identifying specific community needs and collaborating to develop appropriately tailored interventions, and ensure targets to achieve program deliverables. The Site Director will oversee compliance with agency policies and government regulations. This position must supervise data collection and uphold reporting procedures related to deliverables/outcomes required by the New York City Department for the Aging (DFTA) and other funders.
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs & Services
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt, 35 hour/week, Directorial position
- Manage, direct, and supervise daily operations, including congregate meal program, grab n go meals, a food pantry and five onsite staff;
- Coordinate service provision and programming with Program Coordinators for in-person programming and virtual programming at SAGE Harlem
- Manage programmatic interventions by staff, consultants and volunteers;
- Manage SAGE Harlem’s budget and grant funding for the center, i.e. Black Health Initiative – Pfizer Grant
- Supervise data collection and tracking procedures, and monitor deliverables;
- Supervise program administrative procedures and contract reporting;
- Act as liaison for participant led Advisory Council;
- Ensure full compliance with State, County, Agency and DFTA regulations and standards;
- Work with SAGE’s Development department to discuss funding needs and develop funding opportunities for SAGE Harlem.
- Work with the SAGE’s Communication department to promote events, programming and the presence of the center in Harlem.
- Work with Director of Care Management to ensure efficacy of Case Assistance services provided my MSW staff;
- Work with Compliance Manager for program deliverables and submitting reports on time.
- Assess site staff development needs and ensure professional development plans are created and implemented;
- Attend conferences and in-services training sessions that contribute to professional enrichment of staff and innovative programming;
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Programs & Services
- Master’s degree in social work, public administration or related field plus two years of experience in a nonprofit setting including supervisory experience – Or – Bachelor’s degree + 4+ years salaried experience (2+ years) in nonprofit program delivery, development, and management, especially in the aging or LGBTQ+ fields, may be substituted for Master’s degree; if the applicant possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to be trained on SAGE and DFTA databases and audiovisual equipment;
- Possess or be able to acquire NYC Food Handlers license;
- Knowledge of budget and financial management in the not-for-profit field;
- Understanding of performance measurement and management, and/or a strong desire to implement metrics to evaluate the impact and the effectiveness of programming.
- Passion for working with people from diverse backgrounds, and cultural and linguistic competency in regards to age, ability, sexuality, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, class and other characteristics that affect the lives of diverse older adults;
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize activities and meet deliverables under deadlines;
- Capacity and a desire to gain new skills and knowledge to drive innovative programming;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to identify and integrate the perspectives and needs of diverse constituents;
- Computer proficient, including Outlook, Publisher, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- A commitment to the issues, constituency and values of SAGE.
Work Environment / Travel: This position is based in a professional office environment, using standard office equipment. Occasional travel to program sites may be necessary per business necessity.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk, and to use hands and arms to reach or handle a variety of items.
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.