Under the overall supervision of the Chief Program Officer, the Programs and Services Department consist of the SAGE Centers (SCs) and Care Management Services (CMS), in addition to SAGE’s Housing Projects in NYC and new initiatives like values-based (fee-based) programming, technology-enabled services, etc. These divisions work closely together, and share centralized staffing and resources – specifically our Program Development Team and Support Staff. The Site Manager for the Edie Windsor SAGE Center (located in Midtown) is part of a team of four other Site Managers that operate satellite sites. Of note, the Edie Windsor SAGE Center in Midtown Manhattan opened in January 2012 as the nation’s first full-time LGBTQ senior center. This Site Manager position is full-time and reports to the Director of SAGE Centers.
This Site Director position supervises all staff at the Edie Windsor SAGE Center and administers daily operations which include food service provision. The Site Director reports to the Sr. Director of Programs and Services and works closely with other Site Directors to ensure that the SAGE Center model is appropriately implemented and program deliverables/outcomes are achieved. The Site Director will be charged with amplifying outreach to LGBTQ older adults in the site’s borough to build attendance at Center events, identifying specific community needs and collaborating to develop appropriately tailored interventions, and ensure targets for program delivery are met. The Site Director will oversee compliance with agency policies and government regulations. This position must supervise data collection and uphold reporting procedures related to deliverables/outcomes required by the New York City Department for the Aging (DFTA) and other funders.
Reports to: Sr. Director of Programs & Services
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt, 35 hours/week, Managerial position
- Manage, direct, and supervise daily operations, including congregate meal program, and six onsite staff;
- Coordinate service provision with Health & Wellness Manager, Life-Long Learning Manager, Program Coordinators, consultants, and volunteers;
- Manage programmatic interventions by staff, consultants, and volunteers;
- Supervise data collection and tracking procedures, and monitor deliverables;
- Supervise program administrative procedures and contract reporting;
- Act as liaison for participant-led Advisory Council;
- Ensure full compliance with State, County, Agency, and DFTA regulations and standards;
- Work with the Assistant Director of Institutional Partnerships Director to coordinate corporate engagement opportunities;
- Work with the Director of Care Management to ensure the efficacy of Case Assistance services provided by MSW staff;
- Assess site staff development needs and ensure professional development plans are created and implemented;
- Attend conferences and in-services training sessions that contribute to professional enrichment of staff and innovative programming;
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Programs & Services
- Master’s degree in social work, public administration, or related field plus two years of experience in a nonprofit setting including supervisory experience – Or – Bachelor’s degree + 4+ years salaried experience (2+ years) in nonprofit program delivery, development, and management, especially in the aging or LGBTQ+ fields, may be substituted for Master’s degree; if the applicant possesses a Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to be trained on SAGE and DFTA databases and audiovisual equipment;
- Possess or be able to acquire an NYC Food Handlers license;
- Knowledge of budget and financial management in the not-for-profit field;
- Understanding of performance measurement and management, and/or a strong desire to implement metrics to evaluate the impact and the effectiveness of programming.
- Passion for working with people from diverse backgrounds, and cultural and linguistic competency in regards to age, ability, sexuality, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, class, and other characteristics that affect the lives of diverse older adults;
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize activities, and meet deliverables under deadlines;
- Capacity and a desire to gain new skills and knowledge to drive innovative programming;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to identify and integrate the perspectives and needs of diverse constituents;
- Computer proficiency, including Outlook, Publisher, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and
- A commitment to the issues, constituency, and values of SAGE.
Work Environment / Travel: This position is based in a professional office environment, using standard office equipment. Occasional travel to program sites may be necessary per business necessity.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk and to use hands and arms to reach or handle a variety of items
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.