SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBT organizations.
Reports to: Director of Residence Services, NYC Housing Initiative
Status: Full-time; Exempt
This position is to start September 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical assessments of participants in care, directly or through referral as appropriate
- Directly provide individual and group therapeutic services or workshops, in accordance with need
- Afford clinical oversight for participants’ cases assigned to Care Managers to ensure alignment of clinical services with needs; including and not limited to periodic review of case records
- Provide case management, referrals, information, and advocacy as needed; conduct intakes/assessments, advocacy, and other integral tasks as needed
- Recruit, and supervise social work interns, including and not limited to their engagement with constituents
- Periodically serve in general lead capacity, providing direction to the case manager and provide training and direction on the applicant interview/assessment process as needed
- Collect and enter all participant and service unit data in database(s) thoroughly and timely, in accord with organizational policies and regulatory mandates
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- Valid NYS Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Must obtain Social Work Field Instructor (SIFI) credential within first twelve (12) months of employment
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and dependable – this position requires some flexibility around scheduling; some evening or occasional weekend hours may be required
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Computer-literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn other pertinent software systems
- Willingness/ability to travel daily throughout NYC area via public transportation
- Familiarity with LGBT aging issues and cultural and linguistic competency in regards to age, ability, sexuality, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, class and other characteristics that affect the lives of diverse older adults
- Experience with formally homeless populations
- Familiarity with social and aging services networks and supports
- Ability to speak or write in Spanish
Location: Position based at SAGE Ingersoll program location in Brooklyn; travel between the above and other locations within the metropolitan area required, in accordance with participants’ needs and program necessity.
Schedule: Full time, 35 hours/week, generally 9:30-5:30 Monday-Friday, with schedule adjustments as needed per program necessity.
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package, as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior tenant Coordinator – Ingersoll Residence” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.