SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ+) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization as well as a local direct service provider in New York City, that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBTQ+ older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBTQ+ older people and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBTQ+ organizations.
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
Location: SAGE’s headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, New York
The Event Production Manager is an integral member of the Development Department. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Event Production Manager is accountable for the development, planning, management and execution of a wide range of events. The Event Production Manager supports all events planning, and their work is integral to the attainment of fundraising targets. The Manager works with the Senior Director in managing all aspects of event planning, including logistics management and event program management. Position duties include, but are not limited to coordination of vendors, negotiating site contracts, securing in- kind donations, managing event logistics, executing event-related mailings, and providing support to general development operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and plan all of SAGE’s fundraising and events, in New York City and other key domestic markets including Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Chicago, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and Philadelphia and SAGE’s special events including the SAGE Awards & Gala, Pines Celebrations, Chic, the Hamptons Tea Dance, and other special projects (virtual and in-person), managing all event-related
- Oversee all event logistics including vendor management, budget management, staffing coordination, and creating the vision for decor & branding for all fundraising
- Manage all vendors associated with SAGE’s fundraising and special events, including contract negotiations, invoicing, and day-of event
- Ensure seamless coordination with key internal team members on external partnerships for events including sponsorship fulfillment and volunteer
- Create and manage event expense budgets, ensuring that events maintain a low cost to dollar
- Demonstrated ability to work simultaneously on discrete projects and long-term
- Prepare project management timelines for all events, coordinating with responsible internal and external stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee all material production, mailing lists, and, where appropriate, manage table seating, journal ads and silent or live auction
- Work collaboratively will all Development team members on the execution of
- Serve as the main point of contact for all event production related
- Monitor revenue and expenses, track attendance and routinely report
- Organize and manage master schedule of events throughout the
- Prepare final evaluation of events to assess performance against objectives and
- Pivot team and adapt structures and production practices and values to virtual events and platforms as
- Serves as a back-up resource and, on occasion, assist other team members on specific projects and in ensuring and expediting the workflow of the department.
Key Skills, Competencies and Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of four years of event production experience, preferably at LGBTQ+, human services, advocacy, or similar
- Skilled in managing complex events and experienced with both event planning and day-of
- High level of professional communication with good interpersonal skills to work closely with donors, staff, volunteers, and international
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Professional, with an entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to work well with a wide range of diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow, and produce under the pressure of
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle many details, focus on task completion, and meet
- Prior experience in the LGBTQ+ community, especially in event planning and/or fundraising positions, and/or familiarity with aging concerns, is a
- Experience using Salesforce is a
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt position.
Schedule: Generally, 35 hours/week, Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM; given that this is an event position, there will be evening and weekend work.
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Thanks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.