SAGE is America’s oldest and largest non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQ+ older adults. SAGE is a national organization with 105 employees, 4 NYC offices, as well as employees located in several cities throughout the US.
The Senior IT Support Specialist position is responsible for the day-to-day management of SAGE’s IT Helpdesk Support, as well as assisting with rollouts of various IT initiatives and projects. The position will work closely with and under the direction of the IT Director to support SAGE’s IT operation. This is a dynamic position, requiring a broad range of skills and responsibilities.
The Senior IT Support Specialist provides concierge level of technical support service to our staff, either desk side, phone, email, or remotely, escalating issues to SAGE’s IT managed service provider and/or SAGE’s IT Director, as needed.
Non-NYC based candidates will be considered; travel to NYC would be required approximately every three months. NYC-based candidates would be asked to travel to NYC office locations on an as-needed basis (with the option to work onsite full time.)
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee SAGE’s IT Helpdesk Support, supporting roughly 120 users scattered across the United States
- Manage SAGE’s ticketing system; provide concierge level of helpdesk technical support; troubleshoot hardware and software issues across the organization.
- Provide support for IT infrastructure and A/V systems at SAGE’s four NYC-based senior center locations and one administrative office location.
- Liaise with SAGE’s IT managed service provider, as needed, to supplement helpdesk support and IT project implementation.
- Handle administrative tasks, including documenting and maintaining service agreements, software licensing, hardware inventory, handling IT requisitions, and tracking IT related expenses.
- Properly document support, repair, and project activities; improve on existing IT documentation.
- Conduct new hire orientations and basic training on use of SAGE’s IT systems.
- Proactively stay informed of current trends in training, technology, emerging software technology, and educational delivery.
- Seek and identify opportunities to enhance productivity through the organization’s use of technology.
- Occasionally flexible schedule to work earlier or later shifts to assist with needs of SAGE’s special events. If based outside of NYC, ability to travel to NYC approximately every 3 months.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of IT Support experience is required; managerial experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent organizational skills; ability to handle conflict and difficult situations within a technical and customer service environment; and ability to clearly explain technical issues to non-technical staff are required.
- Experience administering Microsoft 365 environments, device management platforms, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office apps is required.
- Experience administering Windows Servers and Microsoft Active Directory is required.
- Fundamental understanding of concepts and architecture of computer networks and virtualization is required; familiarity administering Microsoft Hyper-V is a plus.
- Advanced level knowledge supporting the Microsoft Office app suite is required.
- PowerShell skills, Microsoft Power Automate/PowerApps skills are a big plus.
- Advanced level knowledge of SharePoint is a big plus.
- Familiarity administering Microsoft Intune, the Microsoft 365 phone system, Zoom, and Salesforce are pluses.
- Knowledge and support of iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Strong Google skills; strong desire to learn; ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges is required.
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously.
- Knowledge of A/V systems is a plus (we rely on our A/V vendors for advanced troubleshooting)
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.