Department: Communications Department
Reports to: Senior Director of Communications
Location: SAGE National Headquarters in Midtown Manhattan
Status: Full-time / Nonexempt
Schedule: Generally 9:30–5:30, Monday–Friday; schedule may vary in accordance with business necessity
SAGE’s Senior Digital Content Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, is responsible for setting and implementing the strategic direction of SAGE’s online presence. The candidate will also be responsible for executing all aspects of the creation and production of SAGE’s digital content, including website updates and maintenance, e-communications, social media, and digital advertising – paying special attention to representing SAGE’s diverse constituents and their authentic voices. This position is also responsible for analyzing data to further increase SAGE’s brand and provide strategic steps for future digital strategies and adopting technology. The Senior Digital Content Manager will conduct day-to-day work in the areas of content creation, media relations, new and online strategies, collateral development, writing, and more. The Manager will work under the supervision of the Senior Director of Communications to expand and enhance SAGE’s brand and online presence and will prioritize and schedule content in accordance with key programming initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of SAGE’s digital presence, including websites, social media, email marketing, and digital advertising.
- Manage SAGE’s websites (sageusa.org and sagenyc.org), including hosting, maintenance, and development of new content.
- Oversee email communications for SAGE, including producing content for the monthly e-newsletter, eSAGEMatters.
- Review SAGE’s media presence through an equity lens to ensure an accurate and intentional portrayal of the voice of the organization.
- Collaborate with and support SAGE staff, volunteers, affiliate leaders, and constituents in ensuring brand consistency across all digital and multimedia vehicles.
- Monitor and report key analytics and make recommendations to improve SAGE’s presence to the Senior Director of Communications and SAGE’s external affairs department.
- Review and update site content across various SAGE websites and social media channels—including metadata, page content, and tags—to ensure maximum rankings for targeted keywords.
- Maintain SAGE’s calendar for email and social media communications.
- Develop digital communication and marketing plans for SAGE
initiatives and events.
- Create graphics for website, email, and social media communications.
- Integrate and protect SAGE’s brand and visual identity
across digital platforms.
- Manage digital media partnerships and grant deliverables, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Oversee and implement multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively as an integral player in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, integrated department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or equivalent work experience. Minimum four (4) years web management experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Experience using social media within nonprofits and/or for social change. Applicants must be enthusiastic about using online communications to expand SAGE’s reach and presence and have fluency in the latest technology and communications vehicles.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, WordPress and FormAssembly preferred.
- Basic experience with video publishing and editing. Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere preferred.
- A working understanding of equity in communications and marketing, and an ability to implement that understanding through SAGE’s media presence.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow, and produce under the pressure of deadlines and unexpected opportunities.
- Excellent time management and the ability to handle many details, focus on task completion, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written, oral, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational, management, and communications skills
- An established record as a team player.
- Strong sense of humor.
- Deep understanding of and demonstrated commitment to LGBT and/or aging issues preferred. Deep commitment to both required.
- Passion for SAGE’s mission.
- Demonstrated commitment to SAGE’s values of diversity and equity.
Compensation: SAGE offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: For consideration, please forward your resume to our recruitment consultant at DRenella@donnarenella.com. All candidates who meet the requirements listed will receive a response within two weeks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.