The Senior Accountant – Contracts and Grants serves as the agency’s central resource and catalyst, to ensure that all Finance-related data pertaining to our contracts and grants is accurately collected and reported between internal and external stakeholders, within regulatory and agency deadlines. Proactively engages with staff at all levels, with authority to enforce completion and distribution of financial deliverable data, within the time periods assigned by regulators. Communicates between internal and regulatory contacts, to ensure same-page understanding of data submissions.
Reports to: Director of Finance
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Remote or SAGE’s National Headquarters in New York NY
Schedule: Generally 35 hours/week, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday; with schedule adjustments as needed per business necessity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the process of recording all reportable Finance-related information pertaining to our contracts and grants, notifying and reminding internal stakeholders at all levels of information needed and timeframes
- Establish, maintain, and track data in all applicable records regarding SAGE’s contracts and grants, from initial thought to termination; provide support and expertise to pertinent stakeholders at all stages
- Maintain schedules to assure timely renewals and compliance with applicable grant and contract deadlines
- Directly manage the Invoicing/Accounts Receivable process; maintain accountability for timely submission and collection of all revenues
- Prepare and submit budget modifications to internal and external entities
- Collaborate with programs to maximize utilization of funds and coordination with other funding
- Manage relationships with counterparts at government agencies, foundations and corporations
- Reconcile applicable financial documents
- Maintain database in Excel or similar agreed-upon format, co-used with Development, to track all contracts and grants for releases and budgeting; review regularly with Development and tie to all contract/grant revenues
- Maintain database of all necessary insurance coverage certificates for Short-term Disability, Workers’ Compensation, and General Liability; proactively request new and renewal certificates, with inclusion of additional Certificate Holders as applicable
- Manage and supervise a Junior Accountant of Grants and Contracts
- Work alongside the Senior Accountant to ensure transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger and ensure timely completion of month-end workpapers
- Maintain logs of action steps and progress, to apprise programs, Development, and other stakeholders of real-time status
- Provide other support as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in understanding the framework of current and prospective funding streams to facilitate maximization of grants, contracts, and renewals
- Familiarity with pertinent federal, city, state, local, foundational, and other pertinent entities
- Exceptional project and task management skills
- Effective, clear and precise communicator to support collaboration and accurate budgeting, accounting and reporting
- Technology-savvy, with the ability to manage data for financial reporting quickly and effectively
- Strong and natural collaborator, instinctive sharing information with those who need it and seeking to understand the needs of colleagues in other departments and cooperate effectively with them
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in related field
- Demonstrated experience with government grants, NYC and NYS grants a plus
- Demonstrated nonprofit finance experience with a successful track record in a similar role
- Fluency in MS Excel plus ability to learn Intacct, ADP, Salesforce, or other pertinent software
- Commitment to SAGE’s Mission
Compensation: Salary DOE. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.