The Program Coordinator promotes, enhances, and leverages the resources of the Harlem SAGE Center, for the wellness and well-being of LGBT older adults. Secures and coordinates programs offered by staff, consultants, and volunteers. Engages in outreach to cultivate an active and engaged pool of participants and attendance at events. Collaboratively ensure with other staff that the program meets contract deliverables as defined by the NYC Department for the Aging (DFTA). Maintains accurate service delivery and other pertinent data.
Reports to: Site Manager
Location: Harlem SAGE Center
Status: Full-time/Non-Exempt; 35 hours/week; salaried position
Schedule: Frequently 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Monday – Friday; regular schedule variances to occur in accordance with program need, including and not limited to evening or holiday programming, outside trips, or other events
- Ensure and facilitate delivery of diverse array programming for LGBT older adults at SAGE Center Harlem; proactively solicit suggestions from current and prospective participants and also ensure the provision of mandated programming.
- Coordinate with SAGE specialists, consultants, contracted instructors and volunteers to implement daily curriculum at Harlem SAGE Center.
- Conduct outreach with local LGBT constituencies and other community resources, to (1) build attendance at SAGE events through printed materials (flyers, calendar), word of mouth, social media, and other available means, and (2) seek input/participation in programming.
- Collaborate with pertinent staff to evaluate needs of diverse groups of LGBT older adults and respond with innovative, evidence-based interventions.
- Collaborate with Site Manager and Administrative Assistant to ensure collection of client and service unit statistics and entry into regulatory and agency databases; provide monthly data reports to Site Manager.
- Conduct on-going assessment of actual vs. projected service units to ensure DFTA targets for SAGE Center Harlem are met.
- Complete administrative paperwork and assist in DFTA reporting process.
- Attend pertinent conferences and in-services training sessions that contribute to professional enrichment of staff and innovative programming.
- Represent SAGE Center Harlem at community events (e.g. health fairs, pride festivals).
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other helping profession, plus similar or related salaried experience; the degree requirement may be waived if the applicant possesses substantial experience.
- Experience performing community outreach, including creating and implementing targeted outreach plans.
- Experience collaborating with other CBO’s, and producing/implementing community –based programming.
- Ability to travel on public transport to outreach locations, including and not limited to Harlem, East Harlem and the Bronx.
- Computer-proficient; ability to learn pertinent regulatory and agency software and database programs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while maintaining the appropriate level of customer service.
- Flexible and dependable.
- Tactile understanding of issues facing LGBT, older adults, people of color, and other marginalized communities.
- Cultural and linguistic competency to enable effective communication among diverse groups of Participants.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a generous benefits package, as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Coordinator – Harlem SAGE Center in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.