The primary functions of the Program Assistant at the Edie Windsor SAGE Center are to: (1) provide direct administrative support to the Edie Windsor SAGE Center Site Manager, and (2) aid the work of the Program Coordinators in the creation, preparation, implementation, and evaluation of programming for LGBT older adults at the center. The Program Assistant ideally has experience working with aging and/or LGBT communities and has some administrative and computer experience. They must be able to interact with, relate to, and work with diverse LGBT older adults, community partners, and other SAGE staff. This position reports to the Edie Windsor SAGE Center Site Director.
Reports to: Site Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct administrative support to the Edie Windsor SAGE Center Site Manager, including data entry using SalesForce and STARS;
- Under guidance from the Program Coordinators, prepare and maintain outreach tools that promote programming (flyer displays, dry erase board, digital screen, etc.);
- Provide support during programs and meetings, including room and equipment set-up and breakdown, reconciling the conference room schedule and recording minutes if needed;
- Develop rapport with constituents by interacting with the community regularly;
- Responsible for assigning participants’ bar code ID cards and notifying/arranging pickup of same;
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering office supplies, as necessary;
- Assist the Administrative Programming Coordinator with drafting and formatting monthly program calendar, reconciling edits, and submitting to Site Director;
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Experience in the aging field, LGBT service, or in program administration, organization and development is a plus.
- Other significant relevant work experience may be substituted for the above.
RELATED SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Computer-literate, with the fluency of MS Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software including database software (SalesForce and STARS).
- Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Daily hours: Monday – Friday, 12 to 8 pm. [Current hours: 10 am to 6 pm due to phased re-opening of Older Adult Centers across the City]
- Flexible and dependable.
- The Program Assistant will need to become knowledgeable about the variety of SAGE services and programs available to participants.
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with Department for the Aging deliverables, reporting and/or other similar standards is a plus.
- Experience working with older adults; with LGBT populations.
Compensation: Salary DOE. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Program Assistant at the Edie Windsor SAGE Center” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight, or disability. People of color, women, members of the transgender/gender non-conforming people, older adults, poor and low income people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.