The primary functions of the Program Assistant at SAGE Harlem are to: (1) provide direct administrative support to the SAGE Harlem Site Director, and (2) aid the work of the Program Coordinators in the creation, preparation, implementation and evaluation of programming for LGBTQ older adults at the center. The Program Assistant ideally has experience working with aging and/or LGBTQ communities and has administrative and computer experience. They must be able to interact with, relate to, and work with diverse LGBTQ older adults, community partners and other SAGE staff. This position reports to the SAGE Harlem Site Director.
Reports to: Site Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct administrative support to SAGE Harlem, including data entry using SalesForce and STARS;
- Under guidance from the Program Coordinators, prepare and maintain outreach tools that promote programming (flyer displays, dry erase board, digital screen, etc.);
- Provide support and assist with the food pantry distribution on a monthly basis.
- Provide support during programs and meetings, including room and equipment set-up and breakdown, reconciling the conference room schedule and recording minutes if needed;
- Develop rapport with constituents by interacting with the community regularly;
- Responsible for assigning participants’ bar code ID cards and notifying/arranging pickup of same;
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering office supplies, as necessary;
- Assist the site staff with drafting and formatting monthly program calendar, reconciling edits and submitting to Site Director;
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Experience in aging field, LGBTQ service or in program administration, organization and development is a plus.
- Other significant relevant work experience may be substituted for the above.
Related Skills or knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
- Computer-literate, with fluency of MS Word, Power Point, Publisher, and Excel required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software including database software (SalesForce and STARS).
- Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Daily hours: Monday – Friday, 10 – 6 pm
- Flexible and dependable.
- The Program Assistant will need to become knowledgeable about the variety of SAGE services and programs available to participants.
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Department for the Aging deliverables, reporting and/or other similar standards is a plus.
- Experience working with older adults; with LGBTQ populations.
Compensation: Salary DOE. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.