SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQ+ older people. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization as well as a local direct service provider in New York City that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBTQ+ older people and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBTQ+ older people and provides cultural competency training for aging providers.
Reports to: Site Director
Salary Range: $33,139.95-$41,424.94
Location: Based in Midtown Manhattan – Edie Windsor SAGE Center
Schedule: Full-time, 35 hours/week, 12- 8 pm Monday-Friday, in person. Work one weekend day for special events as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary functions of the Program Assistant at the Edie Windsor SAGE Center are to (1) provide direct administrative support to the Edie Windsor SAGE Center Site Director and (2) aid the work of the Program Coordinators in the creation, preparation, implementation, and evaluation of programming for LGBTQ older adults at the center. The Program Assistant ideally has experience working with aging and LGBTQ communities and has some administrative and computer knowledge. In addition, they must be able to interact with, relate to, and work with diverse LGBTQ older adults, community partners, and other SAGE staff. This position reports to the Edie Windsor SAGE Center Site Director.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Edie Windsor SAGE Center Site Director, including data entry using SalesForce and STARS
- Under guidance from the Program Coordinators, prepare and maintain outreach tools that promote programming (flyer displays, dry erase board, digital screen, etc)
- Provide support during programs and meetings, including room and equipment set-up and breakdown, reconciling the conference room schedule, and recording minutes if needed
- Develop rapport with constituents by interacting with the community regularly
- Responsible for assigning participants’ bar code ID cards and notifying/arranging pickup
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering office supplies, as necessary
- Assist the Administrative Programming Coordinator with drafting and formatting the monthly program calendar, reconciling edits, and submitting it to Site Director
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned
- Experience in the aging field, LGBTQ service, or program administration, organization, and development is a plus
- Familiarity with Department for the Aging deliverables, reporting, and other similar standards is a plus
- Other significant relevant work experience may be substituted for the above
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Computer-literate, fluent in MS Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Canva, and Excel required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software, including database software (SalesForce and STARS)
- Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under the initiative and as a team member
- Flexible and dependable
- Work one weekend day for special events as needed
- The Program Assistant will need to learn about the various SAGE services and programs available to participants
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Program Assistant at the Edie Windsor SAGE Center” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other group or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy concerning all matters concerning employment.