SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT+) older people. In partnership with its constituents and allies, SAGE works to achieve a high quality of life for LGBT+ older people, supports and advocates for their rights, fosters a greater understanding of aging in all communities, and promotes positive images of LGBT+ life in later years. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE has worked tirelessly for over 40 years on behalf of LGBT+ older people. Building off the momentum of the Stonewall uprising and the emerging LGBT+ civil rights movement, a group of activists came together to ensure that LGBT+ older people could age with respect and dignity. SAGE formed a network of support for LGBT+ elders that’s still going and growing today. SAGE is more than just an organization. It is a movement of loving, caring activists dedicated to providing advocacy, services, and support to older members of the LGBT+ community.
The National Projects Coordinator is an integral part of the National Projects team working with programs such as SAGECare, the Long Term Care Equality Index, the National Housing Initiative, and the National Resource Center on LGBT Aging. The National Projects Coordinator works under the supervision of the Data Manager. Skills expected include, but are not limited to, detailed and error-free administrative functions; responsive customer service, excellent written and verbal communication, and attention to detail when working with client data and records.
Reports to: National Projects Data Manager
Schedule: Flexible, 20 hours per week at $20/hour
Support the growth of the SAGECare team by coordinating customer relations and key content delivery, including:
- Support day-to-day operations of the Litmos or other LMS training platforms which serve SAGECare and Long-Term Care Equality Index clients. Duties include adding new logins, deactivating inactive accounts, running reports, and responding to technical assistance requests from clients
- Coordinate delivery of SAGE training content to clients, including organizing and tracking the delivery of training videos and SCORM files
- Provide support for installing and testing the files on the client’s Learning Management System, following up with clients for training data, and alerting clients when their files are due or must be returned
- After scheduled live trainings, work with staff and independent contractor trainers to obtain and process training records, feedback, and evaluation data, processing trainer payments and reimbursements
- As needed, provide technical assistance before and after live training webinars – including running the back-end chat and technical assistance during webinars, answering follow-up emails, sending certificates of completion, answering questions about the webinar schedule and registration process, ensuring all webinar data is recorded correctly in Salesforce
Assist with key administrative support and data management of the National Projects team, including the following key responsibilities:
- Assist Data Manager with National Projects data entry
- Assist the Data Manager with National Projects paperwork and files for upload to Salesforce
- Assist Data Manager in reviewing, data cleaning, and importing of data records from National Projects into Salesforce
- Assist with invoicing and accounts receivable for National Projects fee-generating services as needed (SAGECare, National Housing Initiatives Symposium, etc.)
- Assist with National Projects website updates
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Facility with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrated team player in a professional environment
- Ability to work independently and diplomatically with internal departments and external partners
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to customer service
- Commitment to SAGE’s mission
Other desired qualifications
- Experience with online training platforms (e.g. GoToMeeting, Litmos, or other online learning platforms) is a plus
- Skilled in using Salesforce
Experience and Education:
- A minimum of three years experience in a role requiring exceptional organizational skills and customer service interactions
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package, as well as an exciting and unique work environment
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “National Projects Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.