SAGE seeks a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to create, produce and manage website and social media content.
Reports to: Senior Digital Content Manager
Location: SAGE National Headquarters in Midtown Manhattan
Status: Full-time / Nonexempt
Schedule: Generally, 35 hours/week, Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM; schedule may vary in accordance with business necessity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, updates, and manages content for website by using back-end CMS/WordPress system.
- Devises a comprehensive social media marketing plan to engage current followers and expand our audiences across all social media platforms.
- Creates the day-to-day content for SAGE’s social media channels (both images and text).
- Develops digital storytelling and social media strategies.
- Devises and executes strategic campaigns and digital initiatives that support SAGE’s policy priorities and increase the organization’s reach.
- Monitors, interprets, and reports analytics of social media and website, using them to improve content and messaging.
- Compiles and distributes metrics updates to managers and executive team.
- Coordinates with staff across departments and partner organizations to determine the focus and nature of social media campaigns and content.
- Plans, creates and edits graphics, videos, calls to action, and other media, both in advance of and in response to news.
- Engages LGBT elders in marketing campaigns and ensures their participation is an empowering experience.
- Develops and maintains a library of photos, videos, and other assets.
- Supports the Communications and other departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, in addition to above
- Very strong knowledge of social media and its workings
- Experience with and understanding of Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and other digital metrics measurement systems
- Experience managing short- and long-term projects and campaigns, with the ability to self-prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Creativity and enthusiasm for introducing and pursuing new ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with WordPress or other modern CMS
- Proficiency in Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
Additional Desired Skills:
- • Experience in photography and video production.
- • Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- • Clean and catchy graphic design and copy aesthetic.
- • Interest in LGBT issues and/or aging issues.
Compensation: Competitive salary. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please send a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position. If applicable, include a link to your portfolio of relevant work. Email email@example.com with “Marketing and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.