SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, and provides cultural competency training to institutions that serve the aging and LGBT organizations, largely through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging and its growing social entrepreneurship project. With offices in New York City, Washington, DC, and Los Angeles, SAGE coordinates a growing network of 30 SAGE affiliates in 20 states and the District of Columbia.
The Manager of Volunteer & Corporate Engagement will be responsible for ongoing recruitment, training, retention, and appreciation of volunteers via various on-site and off-site activities that are directly related to the services provided at our SAGE Centers. They will ensure that all volunteers have positive, fulfilling experiences and feel welcomed and informed throughout the process.
Volunteer Program Management:
- Work with Sr. Director of Programs & Services to set annual goals and volunteer program objectives
- Create a strategic vision to attract, retain, and develop volunteers and partners so that SAGE can offer a best-in-class volunteer experience that meets SAGE’s social mission goals and priorities; initiate efforts to grow SAGE’s volunteer corps through new and existing volunteer opportunities, and offer meaningful opportunities for volunteers to bring their best to our wor
- Day-to-day management of SAGE’s Volunteer Program at SAGE’s centers for LGBT older adults
- Provides support to SAGE’s centers and the Program & Services department by assisting to meet deliverables and developing programs for participants
- Respond to daily incoming emails, phone calls, walk-ins, and referrals regarding volunteer opportunities at SAGE
- Responsible for volunteer training & orientation at SAGE
- Oversee daily on-site volunteer activities at SAGE centers
- Manage and maintain all volunteer records, including data entry and reporting
- Scheduling and executing volunteer events, both on-site and off-site, or pop-up events in the NY metro area
- Represent SAGE at all volunteer-related outreach virtual or in-person events, as needed
- Plan and execute volunteer appreciation activities, including the annual volunteer award ceremony, volunteer highlights, and incentives
- Collaborate with Communications and Development Departments in promoting all-volunteer events via blogs, social media platforms, and other related outlets
- Serves as a backup resource and assists other team members on specific projects and in ensuring and expediting the workflow of the department
- Develops systems to collect information to track and evaluate program effectiveness, maintains a volunteer database that will track volunteer hours and assignments, and creates an automated system for tracking deliverables
Corporate Development & Engagement:
- Work with the Development Officer – Corporate Partnership to ensure a high‐quality volunteer experience for every corporate volunteer and create engagement offerings that reflect the changing work environment
- Provide logistical and other support to create and execute engagement opportunities for corporate partners and donors including volunteer presentations and other programs (virtual and in-person)
- Assist with responding to corporate and community volunteer and engagement related inquiries
- Coordinate and attend volunteer opportunities (virtual and in-person) for corporate partners
- Work with CRM software such as Salesforce to accurately track and report out various details of partnership information
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to their job responsibilities.
- BA in social work, public administration, or related field with at least two years of professional experience; substantial relevant work experience (5+ years) may be substituted for degree
- Computer proficient
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Flexible and dependable – This position requires some flexibility around scheduling. Some evening hours are required.
Strongly Desired Qualifications
- Substantive work experience in the field of aging and/or service provision to LGBT constituencies
- Felt knowledge of history and issues facing marginalized older adults
- Cultural and linguistic competency to enable effective communication among diverse groups of elders
Job Location: Edie Windsor SAGE Center, Midtown Manhattan
Work Hours: 9:30 – 5:30 pm, with some nights and weekends
Compensation: Salary DOE. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Manager of Volunteer & Corporate Engagement” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.