The Manager of Contracts and Grants serves as the agency’s central resource and catalyst, to ensure that all Finance-related data pertaining to our contracts and grants is accurately collected and reported between internal and external stakeholders, within regulatory and agency deadlines. Proactively engages with staff at all levels, with authority to enforce completion and distribution of financial deliverable data, within the time periods assigned by regulators. Communicates between internal and regulatory contacts, to ensure same-page understanding of data submissions.
Reports to: Director of Finance
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: SAGE’s National Headquarters in New York NY
Schedule: Generally 35 hours/week 9:30 – 5:30, Monday – Friday; with schedule adjustments as needed per business necessity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the process of recording all reportable Finance-related information pertaining to our contracts and grants, notifying and reminding internal stakeholders at all levels of information needed and timeframes
- Establish, maintain, and track data in all applicable records regarding SAGE’s contracts and grants, from initial thought to termination; provide support and expertise to pertinent stakeholders at all stages
- Maintain schedules to assure timely renewals and compliance with applicable grant and contract deadlines
- Directly manage the Invoicing/Accounts Receivable process; maintain accountability for timely submission and collection of all revenues, except for selected smaller items covered by Junior Accountant
- Prepare and submits grants and contract budgets and budget modifications to internal and external entities
- Collaborate with programs to maximize utilization of funds and coordination with other funding
- Manage relationships with counterparts at government agencies, foundations, and corporations in coordination with program and development staff.
- Reconcile applicable financial documents
- Maintain database in Excel or similar agreed-upon format, co-used with Development, to track all contracts and grants for releases and budgeting; review regularly with Development and tie to all contract/grant revenues
- Maintain database of all necessary insurance coverage certificates for Short-term Disability, Workers’ Compensation, and General Liability; proactively request new and renewal certificates, with the inclusion of additional Certificate Holders as applicable
- Cross-train with Accounting Manager to cover for and support one another as needed, due to absences or workloads
- Maintain logs of action steps and progress, to appraise programs, Development, and other stakeholders of real-time status
- Provide other support as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in understanding the analytic and diplomatic framework of current and prospective funding streams to facilitate the maximization of grants, contracts, and renewals
- Familiarity with pertinent federal, city, state, local, foundational, and other pertinent entities
- Exceptional project and task management skills
- Effective, clear, and precise communicator in writing and verbally to support collaboration and accurate budgeting, accounting, and reporting
- Technology-savvy, with the ability to manage data for financial reporting quickly and effectively
- A strong and natural collaborator, instinctive sharing information with those who need it and seeking to understand the needs of colleagues in other departments and cooperate effectively with them
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in related field
- Demonstrated nonprofit finance experience with a successful track record in a similar role
- Fluency in MS Excel plus ability to learn Intacct, ADP TotalSource/EZ Labor, Salesforce, or other pertinent software
- Commitment to SAGE’s Mission
Compensation: Salary DOE. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of Contracts and Grants” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
People of color, women, transgender and gender non-conforming people, older adults, poor and low-income people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.