Position Title: Lead Digital Strategist
Department: Communications Department
Supervisor Name/Title: Senior Director of Communications
Location: New York, NY
SAGE’s Lead Digital Strategist, reporting to the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing, is responsible for setting and implementing the strategic direction of SAGE’s online presence. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of cross-platform digital strategies, manages and delivers on omni-channel paid and organic campaigns, social content, and leads on campaigns and website projects from inception to completion.
The Strategist will partner with the Communications Team to expand and enhance SAGE’s brand and online presence and prioritize and schedule content according to key programming initiatives. They will also work with the Digital Communications Specialist to create and produce SAGE’s digital content, including website updates and maintenance, e-communications, social media, and digital advertising – paying particular attention to representing SAGE’s diverse constituents and authentic voice. This position must analyze data to further increase SAGE’s brand and provide informed recommendations for current and future digital strategies, workflow, and technology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that equity is centered throughout SAGE’s digital channels and communications
- Manage all aspects of SAGE’s digital presence, including websites, social media, email marketing, and digital advertising.
- Refresh and manage SAGE’s websites (sageusa.org and sagenyc.org) with a strategic lens based on best practices and data.
- Oversee email communications for SAGE, including assisting in content creation and review for the monthly e-newsletter, eSAGEMatters.
- Collaborate with and support SAGE staff, volunteers, affiliate leaders, and constituents in ensuring brand consistency and messaging across all digital and multimedia vehicles.
- Monitor and report key analytics and make strategic recommendations to improve SAGE’s online presence.
- Review and update site content across various SAGE websites and social media channels—including metadata, page content, and tags—to ensure maximum rankings for targeted keywords.
- Work with the Digital Communications Specialist to maintain SAGE’s calendar for email and social media communications.
- Develop digital communication and marketing plans for SAGE initiatives and events across the organization, including, but not limited to the SAGE Virtual Senior Center, SAGE Gala, SAGE National LGBT Elder Housing Symposium, etc.
- Work with the SAGE Advocacy team in developing digital advocacy strategies and campaigns.
- Manage digital media partnerships and grant deliverables, ensuring all requirements are met, and that SAGE’s brand and visual identity are consistent.
- Oversee and implement multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively as an integral player in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined integrated department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum four (4) years of digital content experience.
- A deep understanding of how to embed equity in communications and marketing efforts.
- Paid/Organic expertise in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Experienced with CRMs & advocacy platforms (i.e., OneClick, Action Network, Phone2Action, etc.) and can execute back-end tasks such as managing pixels, source links, data flow.
- Some experience with Google ads, YouTube ads/pre-roll, native ads, direct buys nice but not required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Enthusiasm for leveraging online communications to expand SAGE’s reach and presence.
- Fluency in the latest technology and communications vehicles.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot, WordPress, and FormAssembly preferred.
- Basic experience with video publishing and editing. Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere preferred.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow, and produce under the pressure of deadlines and unexpected opportunities.
- Excellent written, oral land proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational, management, and communications skills.
- Commitment to SAGE’s values of diversity and equity.
- Passion for SAGE’s mission and deep understanding of and demonstrated commitment to LGBT and/or aging issues preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish a big plus.
SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to Careers@sageusa.org with “Lead Digital Strategist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.