The Human Resource Manager will direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, managing employee relations workflows, and enforcing company policies and practices in consultation with the Senior Director of Human Resources and Chief People and Culture Officer.
Reports to: Senior Director of Human Resources
Position Status: Full-time / Exempt / Salaried
Location: SAGE National Headquarters in Midtown Manhattan
Schedule: A minimum of 35 hours/week, Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM;
Schedule subject to adjustment per business necessity
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Manages benefit, pension, and compensation programs in consultation with the Sr. Director of HR and in compliance with all applicable regulations and laws. Manages annual open enrollment.
- Primary point of contact for employee disciplinary issues, terminations, and investigations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, in consultation with the Sr. Director of HR, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
- Tracks and assigns all regulatory training in partnership with the Jr. HR Generalist.
- Manages the job requisition process including collaboration with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Maintains internal job requisition database.
- Manage learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees including the tracking of disbursement of professional development funds.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews relevant areas in consultation with the Sr. Director of HR to maintain compliance.
- Manage the payroll transmission process assisted by the Jr. HR generalist. Act as backup for time and attendance and PTO approval.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HR generalist experience including recruitment, benefits/pension, compensation and employee relations.
- Experience with multi-state payroll.
- Experience with ADP Workforce know is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of benefit employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experience working for a national organization with employees in multiple states.
- Experience with California state employment regulations a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of five to ten years of human resource management/HR generalist experience is required.
- Experience working for a national non-profit is preferred.
- Experience working for a social service agency that provides direct services a plus.
- Familiarity with issues faced by LGBTQ older adults and desire to support SAGE’s vision and mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required and or a SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
How to Apply: Please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.