SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBT organizations, largely through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging and its growing social enterprise SAGECare. SAGE has staff in ten states and the District of Columbia and coordinates a growing network of 29 SAGE affiliates in 22 states and Puerto Rico.
SAGE seeks a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as Finance/ Planning Manager. The Finance/ Planning Manager is responsible for aspects of budget planning, forecasting and financial modeling. Experience with Sage Intaact software is highly desirable. Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of corporate performance software are a must.
Reports to: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
Location: SAGE Main office – New York, NY
Status: Full time/35hr – Exempt position with competitive salary and benefits
Schedule: Generally 9:30 pm- 5:30pm; may vary in accordance with business needs
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare organization’s annual budget
- Prepare rolling forecasts
- Prepare various schedules for monthly and quarterly financial reports to management and board
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Develops financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Prepare audit schedules for revenue and investments
- Oversee preparation of dashboard reports
- Assists in development of financial/accounting processes and procedures
- Produce budget vs actual reports
- Prepare cash flow forecasts
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field AND at least 5 years demonstrated experience in fiscal management and/or financial analysis
- Experience with Sage Intaact software
- Experience with corporate performance software a plus
- Demonstrated experience in fund accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skills in Excel a must)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups.
- Motivated self-starter with great attitude, flexibility, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to work under pressure to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines within a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong teamwork ethic; positive, flexible attitude; ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities; and sense of humor required.
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance and Planning Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.