For over 40 years, SAGE has worked tirelessly on behalf of LGBT older people. Building off the momentum of the Stonewall uprising and the emerging LGBT civil rights movement, a group of activists came together to ensure that LGBT older people could age with respect and dignity. SAGE formed a network of support for LGBT elders that’s still going and growing today. SAGE is more than just an organization. It’s a movement of loving, caring activists dedicated to providing advocacy, services, and support to older members of the LGBT community. A 2014 report by the Equal Rights Center found that 48% of older same sex couples applying for senior housing were subjected to some form of housing discrimination. In 2015 SAGE launched the National LGBT Elder Housing Initiative to address these issues. In 2017 SAGE was selected as the provider of social services for two new senior housing properties, Ingersoll Senior Residences in Brooklyn, and Crotona Senior Residences in the Bronx, both scheduled to open in 2019.
Reports To: Senior Director of Development
Location: SAGE’s headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, New York
Status: Full-time / Exempt
Schedule: Generally, 35 hours/week, Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM; there will be occasional evening and weekend work in accordance with business necessity
The Event Production Manager is an integral member of the development department. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Event Production Manager is accountable for providing a wide range of diversified event and administrative management support for the organization, and specifically the development department. The Event Production Manager supports all events planning, integral to the attainment of fundraising targets. The Manager works with the Senior Director in managing all aspects of event planning, including logistics management and event program management. Position duties include, but are not limited to: coordination of vendors, site contracts, in-kind donations, event logistics, executing event-related mailings, and providing support to general development operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary production project manager for all fundraising and special events, in New York City and other key domestic markets including Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Chicago, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and Philadelphia.
- Responsible for orchestrating, planning and executing all SAGE events, including expense management.
- Responsible for coordinating and providing logistical mechanics before, during and after events.
- Prepare project management timelines, coordinating with responsible internal and external stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee all material production, prospect contact, mailing lists, table seating and sales, journal ads and auction activity.
- Handle all event production related inquiries.
- Monitor revenue and expenses, track attendance and routinely report progress.
- Organize and manage schedule of events throughout the year, working with development and other organizational team members.
- Manage or support vendor contract negotiations, invoicing, and day-of event production.
- Prepare final evaluation of events to assess performance against objectives and plan.
- Serves as a back-up resource and assists other team members on specific projects and in ensuring and expediting the workflow of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree (additional fundraising education and/or certification is a plus).
- Minimum of four years of event production experience, preferably at LGBT, human services, advocacy, or similar organization.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Professional, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to work well with diverse people.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow, and produce under the pressure of deadlines and unexpected opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work simultaneously on discrete projects and long-term goals.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle many details, focus on task completion, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience in the LGBT community, especially in event planning and/or fundraising positions, and/or familiarity with aging concerns, is a plus.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce is a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a generous benefits package, as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Event Production Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.