Job Title: Director of Institutional Partnerships
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
Location: Midtown – 305 7th Avenue
The Director of Institutional Partnerships manages the institutional giving program at SAGE, including all foundation, government, and corporate funding sources. Key activities include prospect research and identification, review of select government RFPs, cultivation (including building ties with foundation and government representatives), proposal writing combined with budget preparation, acknowledgement and recognition. The Director reports directly to the Senior Director of Development, with close working relationships with the CEO, EVP, Chief Program Officer, CFAO, and Senior Director of Programs and Services, as well as SAGE’s program managers. The Director of Institutional Partnerships directly supervises the Manager of Institutional Partnerships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage SAGE’s institutional funding portfolio of foundation and corporate supporters, ensuring that revenue meets and exceeds its target;
- Create an annual solicitation and stewardship strategy for SAGE’s Institutional funding portfolio of foundation and corporate supporters, ensuring that funders are engaged and acknowledged and that revenue meets and exceeds its target;
- Prepare draft proposals and program and financial reports with the Senior Director of Development, CEO, CFO/COO, EVP, Senior Director of Programs & Services and other program managers, where relevant;
- Develop relationships with key staff at foundations, government agencies and corporations and/or facilitate relationship building on behalf of the Senior Director of Development, Executive Vice President, CEO and the senior management team;
- Develop attractive corporate partnership proposals and manage partnerships with corporations;
- Work closely with program staff to identify potential funding for current programmatic initiatives and new programs that further SAGE’s strategic plan and to ensure timely and accurate reporting;
- Manage a calendar of all current foundation, government, and corporate funders and selected prospects;
- Partner with finance to manage the flow of SAGE’s institutional partnerships revenue;
- Supervise the Manager of Institutional Partnerships;
- Develop a regularly updated foundation, government, and corporate prospect list, prioritize asks, and plan approaches in consultation with the Senior Director of Development, EVP, Chief Program Officer, CEO and the senior management team;
- Inform relevant finance and program staff about grant restrictions, deliverables, and reporting deadlines and assist program staff to stay on track with reporting;
- Prepare or assist on other fundraising materials as required, including solicitations and brochures;
- Engage professional funder networks;
- Participate as an important member of the SAGE fundraising team and assist as required in the strategic planning of special event;
Qualifications: Position requires individual that will be experienced, energetic, and motivated, as well as the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant graduate coursework a plus.
- At least 7 to 10 years progressively responsible experience in not-for-profit fundraising specifically with foundations and/or demonstrated transferable skills
- Excellent writing skills;
- Professional, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to work well with diverse people;
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow, and produce under the pressure of deadlines and unexpected opportunities;
- Excellent time management and the ability to handle many details, focus on task completion, and meet deadlines;
- Prior experience in the LGBT community, especially in fundraising positions, and/or familiarity with aging concerns, is a plus.
Special Requirements: (e.g., physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, tools/equipment/machines required license or certification, background check, etc.) Exposure to typical office environment.
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Careers@sageusa.org with “Director of Institutional Partnerships” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.