For over 40 years, SAGE has worked tirelessly on behalf of LGBT older people. Building off the momentum of the Stonewall uprising and the emerging LGBT civil rights movement, a group of activists came together to ensure that LGBT older people could age with respect and dignity. SAGE formed a network of support for LGBT elders that’s still going and growing today. SAGE is more than just an organization. It’s a movement of loving, caring activists dedicated to providing advocacy, services, and support to older members of the LGBT community. A 2014 report by the Equal Rights Center found that 48% of older same sex couples applying for senior housing were subjected to some form of housing discrimination. In 2015 SAGE launched the National LGBT Elder Housing Initiative to address these issues. In 2017 SAGE was selected as the provider of social services for two new senior housing properties, Ingersoll Senior Residences in Brooklyn, and Crotona Senior Residences in the Bronx, both scheduled to open in 2019.
About the Position:
The Director of Care Management Services is accountable for all aspects of SAGE’s $1.5 million and expanding Care Management programming, throughout New York City. This position has overall responsibility for the Case Management Department, including task supervision and contract management. The position directly supervises the Assistant Director of Care Management Services & other staff, while providing overall and in-depth guidance to all of Care Management Services. Plan and oversee delivery of social services for older adults living at Ingersoll and Crotona Senior Residences, two new affordable senior properties in Brooklyn and the Bronx, and other properties to be developed in future. Hire and supervise Care Managers, who provide Information/referral and direct services to formerly homeless and other resident seniors with higher levels of need. Collaborate within SAGE and with external providers, to offer on-site programs and activities that promote health, wellness, and a vibrant community.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Location: Based at SAGE national headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, with regular travel to internal and external locations across the five boroughs per program necessity, or elsewhere as needed.
Schedule: Generally, Monday-Friday, 9:30-5:30. This exempt and key managerial position however requires flexibility with scheduling to address any programmatic need, at any time or location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and develop organizational framework of Care Management’s programming, including and not limited to Care Management, SAGEVets, Friendly Visitor, and other programming, provided through employees or volunteers
- Develop, implement, manage, support, and evaluate all programs in Care Management Services
- Directly supervise or otherwise provide support to all staff in the program
- Ensure the meeting of expected benchmarks and outcomes
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, government/other funder, and SAGE requirements and expectations, regarding the breadth, depth, quality, and timelines of all Care Management programming
- Ensure complete and timely documentation of the above, within all paper and electronic resources and databases, concerning programmatic, personal, and financial data
- Represent the department at the Director level at meetings, and at other organizational functions.
- Serve on agency-wide Directors Group and other internal committees, supporting agency-wide initiatives
- Represent SAGE with pertinent government regulators & contacts, and on external committees or professional/networking groups, applicable to our Care Management and aligned programming
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Programs and Services, to create new program templates, as well as structures for replication of existing NYC-constituent services
- Liaise with community partners and consultants to assess proposals for new SAGE programming.
- Engage with internal stakeholders including and not limited to Finance, Human Resources, Development, IT, etc. to plan ahead of anticipated needs
- Facilitate program-related events
- Provide other support as needed, to programming or SAGE overall
- Master’s Degree in applicable field, including and not limited to social work, public health, gerontology, nonprofit/public administration
- Sufficient and demonstrated salaried experience in a Director-level role over programming of a similar type or size
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated track record of collaboration, leading and influencing progress of complex progress towards goal across an organization; understand interrelationship between program, finance, human resources, and other stakeholders, in ensuring successful outcomes
- Demonstrated project management ability, involving complex and unpredictable variables
- Familiarity with NYC DFTA, DOHMH, or similar regulations/systems/ processes
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Support of SAGE’s mission and core values
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professionalism, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to work well with diverse people
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow, and produce under the pressure of deadlines and unexpected opportunities/occurrences
- Ability to handle many details, focus on task completion, and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain the “big picture” of success for the completion of NYC Housing projects that will ensure long term delivery of quality resident services, contemporaneously with maintaining the perspectives of participants, as well as staff at all levels
- Knowledge of applicable government, nonprofit, and community social service programs serving low income adults in New York City
- Prior work or volunteer experience serving the LGBT community preferred
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a generous benefits package, as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Care Management Services” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.