Position Title: Development Officer – Major Gifts
Supervisor Title: Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving
Location: SAGE’s headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, New York, Los Angeles, or South Florida
The Development Officer is an integral member of the Development Department. Reporting to the Director of Development in coordination with the Senior Director of Development, the Development Officer is accountable for providing a wide range of diversified fundraising and administrative management support for the organization, specifically the Development department. The Development Officer assists in assessing and executing the agency’s fundraising goals, including revenue generation around organizational events, researching/prospecting new fundraising opportunities, and supporting other development activities as required. The Development Officer works with the Director of Major Gifts and Major Gifts Officer in managing all aspects of donor prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steward and cultivate major donors, including event donors in SAGE’s fundraising markets, South Florida, Washington D.C. (DMV area), Southern California, and New York tri-state area through virtual meetings, email, and telephone calls, written proposals, and engagement activities
- Responsible for liaising with board members and regional volunteer host committees to deliver on SAGE’s collective fundraising and goals across the country
- Work with staff and volunteers to secure event sponsorships and donations; as well as to obtain art and goods and services for the fundraising auctions
- In close collaboration with the Major Gifts Officer, manage the Board Alumni engagement program. Develop and oversee the implementation of donor engagement and recognition plans focusing on sustaining or elevating their support as major donors
- Draft articles and emails to our donor list on SAGE’s work, as well as solicitation and acknowledgment letters as needed
- Manage the drafting, production, and mailing of triannual stewardship mailings to prospects and donors and biannual direct mail solicitations to major gift prospects
- Create and manage donor reports, including event revenue, board fundraising, and regular reporting on fiscal year goals
- Improve upon process-based, data-driven, high leveraged systems to maximize fundraising efforts
- Serve as a backup resource and assist other team members on specific projects and in ensuring and expediting the workflow of the department
- Minimum of four years of nonprofit fundraising experience, including frontline fundraising, preferably at LGBTQ+, human services, advocacy, or similar organizations
- Excellent writing skills
- Professional, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to work well with diverse people
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow and produce under the pressure of deadlines and unexpected opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to work simultaneously on discrete projects and long-term goals
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle many details, focus on task completion, and meet deadlines
- Prior experience in the LGBTQ+ community, especially in collaborating with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
- Experience using Salesforce is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt position
Schedule: Generally, 35 hours/week, Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM; there will be occasional evening and weekend work.
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.