SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources to LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, provides education and technical assistance for aging providers and LGBT organizations through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging, and cultural competence training through SAGECare. With offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Chicago, SAGE coordinates a growing network of 28 SAGE affiliates in 21 states and the District of Columbia.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Site Manager, the Data Entry Assistant possesses the acumen to work effectively and proactively in a dynamic, fast-paced organization. The Data Entry Assistant is highly capable and meticulous with an excellent record of accuracy. The successful candidate will be a strong, independent worker who has the ability to handle multiple data entry projects with the highest degree of timeliness and efficiency.
Reports To: Site Manager
Position Type: Part-time / Hourly / Non-Exempt
Schedule: 18 hours per week. Flexible schedule within a 9am – 5pm timeframe.
Location: SAGE Center, Bronx, NY (may require some travel to other NYC based locations)
- Ability to type at least 50 WPM
- Conduct data entry and import/export of data to/from multiple systems including Excel, STARS/Peer Place, Salesforce, and other databases.
- Conduct data audits and reviews to ensure data integrity.
- Create basic reports from collected data.
- Interact with department staff on issues related to data collection and entry.
- Provide basic administrative support related to this data project (email correspondence, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Successful candidates will have:
- Solid data entry experience. Must be capable of efficient, accurate data entry with minimal supervisory oversight. Must be capable of repetitive data entry with high level of accuracy and consistency.
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building
- Some experience or interest in working within the LGBTQ community and must demonstrate a high level of cultural competence
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data Entry Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls or in-person visits please.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.