SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBT organizations.
The Concierge greets participants and announces guests upon arrival, answers and routes phone calls, and provides support to the participants, SAGE Center programming and operations, and to SAGE as a whole. Additionally, the Concierge will answer and route phone calls to staff at the Center as needed.
REPORTS TO: Site Manager, SAGE Center Brooklyn at Ingersoll
STATUS: Full-time/ Non-exempt; 35 hr/week
LOCATION: SAGE Center Brooklyn at Ingersoll, Fort Greene, Brooklyn (SAGE reserves the right to adjust the location, in accordance with business or program necessity.)
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 35 hours/week; generally 8:45am – 4:45pm Monday – Friday, with schedule changes and/or adjustments as needed based on program needs and necessity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to SAGE Center Brooklyn at Ingersoll
- Greet and direct participants and visitors entering the organization
- Register new SAGE Center participants (guiding participant through registration form, taking photo, etc.)
- Maintain extensive array participant event RSVP lists
- Process electronic fees and collect non-electronic fees
- Personable with pleasant and professional demeanor
- Ability to multitask with excellent time-management skills
- Maintain reception and lobby area
- Provide data entry and administrative support using Salesforce, STARS, or other software
- Provide training/guidance to volunteers and newer hires into Concierge role
- Provide other assistance/support as assigned
- Ability to answer multiple phone lines, screen calls and transfer accordingly
- Willingness to learn about SAGE’s programming, both national and specific to the SAGE Center at Brooklyn Ingersoll and answer inquiries from callers and in-person visitors
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in similar role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in aging field and/or LGBT services a plus
Competitive salary; SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Careers@sageusa.org with “Concierge – SAGE Center Brooklyn at Ingersoll” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Please note: this position is anticipated to start in January 2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.