The Concierge greets participants and announces guests upon arrival, answers and routes phone calls, and provides support to the Participants, SAGE Center programming and operations, and to SAGE as a whole. Answers and routes phone calls to SAGE’s Administrative Headquarters, Care Management, and other areas.
Reports to: Site Manager, Edie Windsor SAGE Center
Location: Edie Windsor SAGE Center, Midtown Manhattan (SAGE reserves the right to adjust the location, in accordance with business or program necessity.)
Schedule: Generally 12:00PM – 8:00PM Monday – Friday, occasional schedule adjustments may be necessary per program or business necessity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to The Edie Windsor SAGE Center.
- Greet and direct participants and visitors entering the organization.
- Register new SAGE Center Participants (guiding participant through registration form, taking photo, etc.).
- Maintain extensive array Participant Event RSVP Lists.
- Process electronic fees and collect non-electronic fees.
- Personable with pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Ability to multitask with excellent time-management skills.
- Maintain Reception and Lobby area.
- Provide data entry and administrative support using Salesforce, STARS, or other software.
- Provide training/guidance to volunteers and newer hires into Concierge role.
- Provide other assistance/support as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to answer multiple phone lines, screen calls and transfer accordingly.
- Willingness to learn about SAGE’s programming, both national and specific to the Edie Windsor SAGE Center and answer inquiries from callers and in-person visitors.
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in similar role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in aging field and/or LGBT services a plus.
Compensation: Competitive salary. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Concierge – Edie Windsor SAGE Center” in the subject line. No phone calls.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.