Title: Communications & Marketing Assistant
Department(s): Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Lead Digital Strategist
Salary Range: $39,528- $49,410
Job Location: New York, NY
SAGE seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in our marketing and communications efforts. You enjoy bringing your own creative ideas to the table and know the power of storytelling can lead to movement change. This position is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of working with a communications and marketing team while advancing SAGE’s mission of improving the lives of older LGBTQ+ people. We’re seeking a quick learner with a problem-solver mentality. The Communications Assistant should be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced remote work environment and be available to work on-site (NYC) for one-off events and programs. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to further their experience in nonprofit organizations, communications, and/or digital marketing.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Department in day-to-day business operations, including, but not limited to, content creation, preparing e-mail newsletters, website updates, e-mail monitoring, and more
- Support the implementation of SAGE’s marketing and communications efforts, which includes message development, web presence, advocacy, and social media to educate, motivate, and influence SAGE’s audiences
- Assist with writing, posting, and monitoring social media content including reporting back on social media buzz
- Design event/program fliers, graphics, and other marketing materials, as needed
- Assist in cultivating and maintaining relationships with SAGE spokespeople and reporters
- Monitors media hits and shares via SAGE’s Newsroom when appropriate
- Support the department with the execution of other key projects
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for SAGE’s marketing and communications efforts
- Digital and/or physical support to other departments with webinars, symposiums, events, panels, etc.
Qualifications (can consist of volunteer and school projects):
- Understanding LGBTQ+ and/or aging issues is preferred. Deep commitment to both is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to SAGE’s values of diversity and equity.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading
- Background in marketing, communication, nonprofit management, or other related disciplines
- Experience with social media usage beyond personal use, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing preferred
- Clean and catchy graphic design and copy aesthetic are preferred
- Experience with WordPressCMS
- Experience with analytic tools (Google Analytics, Twitter analytics, and Facebook)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Great sense of humor
How to Apply: Please click here to begin the application process. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment