For over 40 years, SAGE has worked tirelessly on behalf of LGBT older people. Building off the momentum of the Stonewall uprising and the emerging LGBT civil rights movement, a group of activists came together to ensure that LGBT older people could age with respect and dignity. SAGE formed a network of support for LGBT elders that’s still going and growing today. SAGE is more than just an organization. It’s a movement of loving, caring activists dedicated to providing advocacy, services, and support to older members of the LGBT community. A 2014 report by the Equal Rights Center found that 48% of older same sex couples applying for senior housing were subjected to some form of housing discrimination. In 2015 SAGE launched the National LGBT Elder Housing Initiative to address these issues. In 2017 SAGE was selected as the provider of social services for two new senior housing properties, Ingersoll Senior Residences in Brooklyn, and Crotona Senior Residences in the Bronx, both scheduled to open in 2019.
About the Position:
The Assistant Director of Care Management Services supports the Director of Care Management Services in the oversight, management, program quality and supervision of SAGE’s Caregiving services. The above includes both clinical and task supervision of Care Managers and Interns, ensuring compliance with NYC Department for the Aging (DFTA), other funder and internal agency standards.
Reports to: Director of Care Management Services, with dotted line reporting to the Chief Program Officer for certain clinical or other matters
Location: Based at SAGE national headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, with regular travel to internal and external locations across the five boroughs per program necessity, or elsewhere as needed.
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Schedule: Generally, Monday-Friday, 9:30-5:30. This exempt and key managerial position however requires flexibility with scheduling to address any programmatic need, at any time or location
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, train and supervise SAGE’s Care Management staff. Activities include oversight of staff’s respective caseloads, client documentation, and provision of task and clinical supervision, all in accordance of current best practices.
- Oversee recruitment, orientation, and training of Care Management Interns
- Ensure that Care Management services meet funder (DFTA, DOHMH, etc) benchmarks, outcomes, and timelines
- Ensure compliance with all other regulatory, government/other funder, and SAGE requirements and expectations, regarding the breadth, depth, and quality of our Caregiving services.
- Ensure Care Management Program maintains continuous audit readiness; that staff’s documentation is complete and timely, within all electronic resources and databases, concerning programmatic, personal, and financial data
- Clinically review and approve services provided by care management staff
- Provide on-going skills assessment and feedback to staff during weekly supervision, summarized annually in formal performance reviews
- Facilitate Caregiving program-related events
- Oversee entire Care Management operation in the Director’s absence, including and not limited to program and staff supervision
- Provide other support as needed, to programming or SAGE overall
- LMSW (LCSW preferred)
- Must have SIFI or obtain within first 12 months of employment)
- Sufficient and demonstrated experience in a similar or related role, within a Caregiving or other DFTA-regulated program of a similar type or size
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated track record of collaboration, leading and influencing progress of complex progress towards goal across an organization; understand interrelationship between Program, Finance, Human Resources, and other stakeholders, in ensuring successful outcomes
- Demonstrated project management ability, involving complex and unpredictable variables
- Familiarity with NYC DFTA, DOHMH, or similar regulations/systems/ processes
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Support of SAGE’s mission and core values
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional and clinical focus within an entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to work well with diverse people
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow, and produce under the pressure of deadlines and unexpected opportunities/occurrences
- Ability to handle many details, focus on task completion, and consistently meet deadlines, while ensuring quality clinical service provision
- Ability to maintain the “big picture” of success for the completion of NYC Housing projects that will ensure long term delivery of quality resident services, contemporaneously with maintaining the perspectives of participants, as well as staff at all levels
- Knowledge of applicable government, nonprofit, and community social service programs serving low income adults in New York City
- Prior work or volunteer experience serving the LGBT community preferred
Compensation: Competitive salary; SAGE offers a generous benefits package, as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Director of Case Management Services” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, marital or family status, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, HIV serostatus, military or military discharge status, height, weight, disability or handicap, domestic violence victim status, employment status, socioeconomic status, criminal history or arrest record, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, natural hair or hairstyle, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SAGE is dedicated to this policy, with respect to all matters concerning employment.