SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBT organizations.
Reports to: Director of Resident Services, NYC Housing Initiative
Status: Full-time / Exempt
Schedule: Full-time, 35 hours/week; generally 9:30 to 5:30 pm Monday – Friday, with schedule adjustments as needed per program necessity.
Location: Position based at SAGE Stonewall House program location in Brooklyn, NY; travel between the above and other locations within the metropolitan area required, in accordance with Participants’ needs and program necessity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical assessments of Participants in care, directly or through referral as appropriate
- Directly provide individual and group therapeutic services or workshops, in accordance with need
- Afford clinical oversight for Participants’ cases assigned to Tenant Coordinators, to ensure alignment of clinical services with needs; including and not limited to periodic review of case records
- Provide case management, referrals, information, and advocacy as needed; conduct intakes/assessments, advocacy, and other integral tasks as needed
- Supervise (3) tenant coordinators and consultants;
- Recruit, and supervise Social Work interns, including and not limited to their engagement with constituents
- Periodically serve in a general lead capacity, providing direction to the case manager and providing training and direction on the applicant interview/assessment process as needed
- Collect and enter all participant and service unit data in database(s) thoroughly and timely, in accord with organizational policies and regulatory mandates
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- Valid NYS Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), LMHC, or M.A. in Geriatric Care.
- Must obtain Social Work Field Instructor (SIFI) credential within first twelve (12) months of employment
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and dependable – this position requires some flexibility around scheduling; some evening or occasional weekend hours may be required
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Computer-literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn other pertinent software systems
- Willingness/ability to travel daily throughout the NYC area via public transportation
- Familiarity with LGBT aging issues and cultural and linguistic competency in regards to age, ability, sexuality, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, class, and other characteristics that affect the lives of diverse older adults
- Experience with formally homeless populations
- Familiarity with social and aging services networks and supports
- Ability to speak or write in Spanish
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Assistant Director of Housing” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight, or disability. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.