1685 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04102
PO Box 466
Hancock, ME 04640
Visit Web Site
Programs & Services
Outreach to the GLBT community through Pride events, open house with video on GLBT aging, and tables at aging and LGBT conferences in our first year of operation.
Improving quality of life for older GLBT adults living in Maine through advocacy, education, and social support.
GLBT older adults are treated with respect, dignity, and equality.
SAGE Maine will:
- Ensure that agencies and providers address the needs of GLBT older adults.
- Commit in word and action to offering an environment free of bias and which welcomes and affirms all people.
- Promote community and provide opportunities for social networking and support.
- Facilitate a connection to a network of services.
- Include all diverse populations.
- Draw attention to the specific barriers facing older transgender adults.
- Collaborate with strategic partners to provide services, advocacy, education and training.
[Approved by the SAGE Maine Board June 7, 2013]
Completed state-wide needs assessment and presented the findings in a published booklet at a public meeting at the State House in Augusta, Maine on March 22, 2013. Download a copy here.
Incorporated in the State of Maine, applied for 501(c)(3) status, created web site, begun strategic planning process, committee development, and grant writing.