Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) is the country's largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBT organizations, largely through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging and its growing social entrepreneurship project. With offices in New York City, Washington, DC and Chicago, SAGE coordinates a growing network of 27 SAGE affiliates in 20 states and the District of Columbia. This position will report to the Manager of Education and Training. The position is full-time through June 30, 2015, with a likelihood of continuing another year beginning July 1, 2015.
- Coordinate training requests, including answering questions about external trainings, scheduling, invoicing, and maintaining training data.
- Coordinate webinars, including responding to webinar requests, scheduling, invoicing, participant management, and troubleshooting.
- Website maintenance, including updating training calendar, managing Trained Organization database, responding to website comments and suggestions.
- Process and adhere to data integrity and data organization protocols around tracking large amounts of training information and evaluation data.
- Other administrative tasks may be assigned as need, such as mailing collateral materials or conducting follow up emails and calls with trainees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Substantial related work experience (4-5+) may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- At least one (1) year experience in aging, LGBT, or training development field.
- Proven track record in working on training initiatives. Previous experience in training groups either in-person or via webinars is a plus.
- Computer-literate, with above average knowledge of Excel. Experience with webinar platforms (Adobe Connect, Webex, GoToMeeting) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills.
Job Location: NYC; some remote work from home may be required.
Compensation: $32,000-$36,000/year, depending on experience. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Application Deadline:Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Tim R. Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight or disability.
Women, older adults, people of color, transgender and gender non-conforming people, poor and low-income people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.