Social Adult Day Program Assistant
The Hebrew Home at Riverdale (HHAR) and Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) were recently awarded funding by the New York State Department of Health to establish the nation’s first Medicaid eligible, LGBT-centered social model adult day health program. Set to launch in October 2014, the program model will focus on education, promoting awareness and providing direct care and support to Medicaid eligible LGBT older adults in New York City.
To that end, HHAR and SAGE are looking to bring on a team of dedicated and dynamic employees to launch this historic initiative. The Social Adult Day Program Assistant will coordinate day-to-day activities related to the administrative aspects of the program such as transportation, monthly census reports, data pertaining to grant reporting, maintain departmental records pertaining to participants, and scheduling.
- Communicate with staff, participants and caregivers related to programmatic issues;
- Create and manage transportation schedules for the pick-up and dropping off of clients;
- Communicate with transportation dispatcher on participant schedule changes;
- Create weekly program schedule for participants in program;
- Greet/check-in clients;
- Maintain client files;
- Assist with setting up of rooms for programs and food service;
- Assist clients during program and with move between floors, and at end of day;
- Schedule meetings for program staff;
- Communicate with other relevant SAGE and Hebrew Home staff about participant changes;
- Order and track office supplies for program;
- Create and submit check requests;
- Keep financial records for program;
- Manage and update data, compile statistics and monthly program reporting;
- Handle confidential correspondence; and
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) preferred. H.S. diploma or some college with substantial relevant experience may be considered;
- Ability to work in fast-paced, constituent-focused service role;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially with older adults and their caregivers, and professional telephone etiquette;
- Ability to create and manage schedules and calendars, following up with outside vendors daily as needed to ensure constituent participation;
- Attention to detail, strong time management and exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to track and manage program;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence and procedure manuals;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups, including staff, managers, clients and caregivers, vendors and the general public;
- Ability to think and respond flexibly to achieve program results;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to operate essential office equipment (e.g., fax machine, scanner, copier, TV, DVD); and
- Proficient computer skills including use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and Access.
Strongly Desired Qualifications
- Prior experience working in Adult Day Health program (social or medical model);
- Prior experience working with older adults and/or in the LGBT community;
- Excellent written communication skills; and
- Bilingual in Spanish-English.
Job Location: NYC; mid-town.
Compensation: DOE. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Application Deadline:Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Denise Atherley at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight or disability.
People of color, women, transgender and gender non-conforming people, older adults, poor and low-income people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.