The Database Associate plays an important role by providing administrative and operational support to the Development Department and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, annual campaigns and major donor program, direct mail program, and special events.
Raiser’s Edge or similar database system experience required. This position requires strong attention to detail, someone who is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, excellent verbal and written skills, and 2-3 years of prior nonprofit experience. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred. Strong Microsoft Office and PC proficiency required.
Database and Development Operations Support
- Gift processing and acknowledgments both from online and through the mail.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries by external constituents.
- Maintains both electronic and paper files of major donors and Board.
- With the direction of the Database Manager, maintains the Development policies and procedures.
- Handles all administrative details associated with Development, including ordering supplies, coordinating volunteers, check requests, expense reports, and contracts.
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Director of Development.
- Create new records in Raiser’s Edge and maintain existing records.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
Corporate Relations/Special Events
- Maintains event logistics in the Raiser’s Edge event records.
- Assists Development team with event logistics, registration, and materials for the event.
- Answers event-related inquiries.
- Assist in coordinating the Silent Auction of SAGE Awards.
- Coordinates the compilation and mailing of in-house appeals to include recruiting volunteers and preparing postage and supplies needed.
- Maintains paper and electronic files for Major Gifts, ensuring coding, proposals, and other record information are updated in Raiser’s Edge.
- Stewards SAGE’s members by answering their inquiries and assisting with member-related issues.
- Send member renewal reminders and new member cards.
Please email resume and cover letter to Chris Francis, Database Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, "Database Associate Position" in the subject line. No phone calls please.